For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Our Bucharest team is currently looking for an Accountant within the Finance department.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for complete and accurate recording of Clients sales and third-party invoice payment in multiple currencies based upon validation for accuracy and completeness of invoice activity which is automatically recorded in the system
- Record all settlements/compensations applied to invoices in AR and AP
- Perform review of monthly Ageing analysis of AR and AP
- Responsible for updating the deferred costs and revenues accounts assigned
- Follow up subsequent collections for transactions recorded on deferred revenue (we recognize revenue on cash basis)
- Responsible for the reconciliation of bank statements in all foreign currencies
- Record all manual payments in different foreign currencies where it is required
- Correct all collections and payments that were incorrect imported in the accounting system
- Identify and adjust all discrepancies between banks statements transactions and the ones posted in the Accounting System
- Work together with the Operational team to make sure that collections and payments are correct reflected on the accounting system following the correct bank account and currency
- Notify the ERP Administrator when file import discrepancies are identified
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts assigned
- Provide monthly reports and ad-hoc reports to relevant stakeholders as requested
- Ensure inter-company cross charge invoices are raised, recorded and reconciled to the counter company records
- Support periodic audits from statutory auditors
What you need to have:
- University degree in Economics and Finance
- Good knowledge of Excel and accounting software
- Any experience in finance or accounting is a plus
- Computer literacy
- Strong attention to details
Why you’ll love working with us:
- International work environment in an exciting growth phase
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible business hours and work from home
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks like: meal tickets, public transportation refund, various gym subscriptions with 50% discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from)
- Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team