Software Design Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Interpret and implement the product design specification in Java
- Partner with other specialists to define and implement product features and drive functional and user improvements
- Develop and test the defined requirements with high accountability while managing risks and the potential of evolving requirements
- Take ownership in product quality through detailed validation and resolution of issues
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 3-5+ years experience with Java core development
- Experience with source control management tools like Git and standard SCM development flows
Experience writing automated unit tests
Preferred experience: Core Java (Multithreading, Collections, RMI etc), XML/XSD, Knowledge of Design Patterns
Skills & Ability:
- Excellent communication and ability to independently resolve technical challenges
- Ability to work in a multi-functional environment without boundaries for the benefit of the project and team
- Ability to decompose larger problems into work as self-contained, minimally-dependent tasks
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to work as part of a geographically distributed team having members of diverse cultures
- Proven ability to improve both technical knowledge and process; ability to learn and apply skills to new technology
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- This is a Full Time position for Petro team.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team