Our goal is to offer websites that allow visitors to access the information they need and to help ensure a positive experience.
What are we doing?
At Verifone, we are improving the accessibility of our sites based on the guidelines set forth by the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities and more user-friendly for all visitors.
How are we doing?
The following describes some of the steps we are currently working on to achieve our goals of accessibility:
- Headings and Labels: Our team is reviewing the current configuration and working from both a development and a content editorial position to address any inconsistencies that may exist.
- Contrast (Minimum): Our design team is looking into better contrast ratios to improve the readability of our site.
- Labels or Instructions: We will be adding labels to each of our form fields; though they may be hidden to sighted users.
- On Focus: We recognize that some features of our site are losing their on focus indicators and are working to make each of these items easier to use.
- Link Purpose (In Context): We are formulating more descriptive link text for each item to give better context.
- Keyboard Navigation: We are reviewing our navigation, content, forms and other features of our site to make these more easily reachable via a keyboard.
This is an ongoing and active process for Verifone and we welcome your feedback. If you have feedback as to how we could improve your user experience on our site, please email us.