Fraud Analyst with German
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The Fraud Analyst is responsible for reviewing potential and existing customer data to ensure the authenticity of information provided. This includes activities like: identifying fraudulent activity, mitigates losses to Verifone and its partners, as well as answering to fraud/risk related requests from internal and external customers.
- reviewing online and offline orders in the payment interface (order risk-assessment)
- spotting suspicious behavior related to partners
- handling incoming customer requests via phone or e-mail - related to fraud/risk issues
- identifying risk and preventing loss from fraudulent activities
- secure handling of confidential information according to internal compliance procedures and specific training
- suggesting countermeasures to detect specific fraudulent patterns
- suggesting improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- minimum Experience: 3 years experience in Risk- or Fraud analytic Tasks or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- bachelor’s degree, preferable in related field
- analytical skills: to be able to analyze and identify patterns, trends, and inconsistencies within credit card transactions
- strong decision-making skills: making quick, high-quality decisions on complex issues
- high attention to details
- planning and organizational skills, willingness to take on responsibilities
- focus, problem solving skills
- flexibility and creativity
- sound knowledge of Internet concepts such as IPs and cookies
- strong PC skills in Windows environment
- familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word & Outlook)
- excellent English (oral and written)
- ability to effectively communicate with customers
- German language skills, B2 minimum
Nice to have:
- experience with billing, payments and card transactions
- knowledge of eCommerce and or POS concepts
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team