Financial Data Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are seeking a highly motivated Financial Data Analyst who will leverage data structure understanding to quickly compile accurate data and present reporting required for the operation and strategic planning of the company. This position can report to our office in Bucharest.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Financial Analysis - Prepare analyses that identify, evaluate and communicate business results, trends and outlooks. Leverage tools and systems to quickly access data and provide meaningful, concise information. Quickly solve and/or reconcile financial data issues accurately and ensure data is consistent and accurate. Independently investigate data anomalies or inaccuracy patterns to solve data problems to ensure that all data is up-to-date. Monitor and analyze large transactional datasets in SQL Server/MySQL.
Project support and ad hoc requests - Support development and preparation of ad hoc financial and business analytics on numerous revenue and expense areas and other projects as assigned. Communicate and participate in integration discussions with users and data providers.
Process improvement - Continuously develop tools/systems and automate processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
Business analysis - Utilize business analytics to provide value-added insights for finance leadership, data mining techniques to perform various business modeling and analysis
Business Report Development - Develop specifications for reports and assists other users with developing specifications for reports. Validate report development accuracy. Collaborate with system and strategy developers for analysis and debugging of technical issues.
Financial & Operational Reporting - Prepare, validate and summarize various weekly, monthly and periodic reporting and analysis for use by operations and business leadership. Respond to inquiries about published financial data. Support the preparation of analysis and commentary for business review meetings including both financial results and business initiatives.
- Demonstrate database skills including ability to identify appropriate database to ensure accurate reporting, querying, and report writing.
- Aptitude for quickly learning a variety of financial systems and database applications such as Excel, Access, SQL/MySQL, VBA, PowerPoint, data warehousing, data mining, business intelligence, and other financial systems to leverage data structure for financial reporting.
- Passionate about data and continuously learning new techniques and tools to extract value from data.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills by presenting findings in meaningful ways and engaging in spirited discussions about the findings.
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field
- At least three (3) years of financial analysis/data mining experience
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, VBA, Power Point
- Medium proficient at SQL - especially T-SQL
- Strong understanding of financial and project accounting data
Nice to have
- Experience in payments or e-commerce
- Experience working with ERP and CRM database
- Experience in Corporate FP&A and Financial Reporting
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team