Financial Operations Manager with German language
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
As a Financial Operations Manager you will be part of our Operations Team and be responsible for financial and business operations management, accounting operations and providing wide operational day-to-day support.
As this role is a high value-add business partner to other departments (Sales, Accounting, Treasury, AML, UW), we are focused on finding passionate people and building the best team who can serve our quickly growing merchant based.
What you'll do
- Supervises small teams and manages day-to-day operational tasks
- Manage the billing cycle, invoicing process, cash application process (Manual Refund processing, Identify Transactions for Duplicates and Qualify for Refunds, Cash Payout files for Merchants, Investigation and Rebooking of Transactions when Payout to Merchants have failed)
- Grow to become the team’s subject matter expert, offering insights and suggestions on what potential problems which should be solved by the team
- Resolves escalated customer issues and internal issues of high complexity and proactively follows-up on complex issues to resolve them with some guidance and within SLAs.
- Ensuring the operations’ efficiency and meeting the contractual terms with our merchants
- Work closely with the internal auditor to document business processes
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data stakeholders
- Evaluate the process for inefficiencies and identify where you can propose automations
- Acts as a central point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders, manage and respond to inquiries efficiently
- Works with the direct manager to set team and individual KPIs and, provide actionable feedback for operations.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and monitoring of annual performance plans; ensures that the proper tools/systems are in place to support the team’s activity.
- Support management with ad-hoc reporting
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in German and English
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Team Leader or as an Operational Manager
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of related experience
- Demonstrate strong communication skills by presenting the findings in a meaningful way
- Developed mentoring and coaching skills.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Able to multi-task and establish priorities to consistently meet internal and external deadlines.
- Experience in payments industry
- Background in Financial Services
- Experience in Corporate FP&A and Financial Reporting
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team