Full Stack Software Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the Project
We have developed an outstanding ecommerce platform that serves thousands of merchants and millions of buyers worldwide.
You will be working on an API based shopping cart solution built on the latest publicly available Verifone API. Its purpose is to offer a more stable solution over the existing shopping cart, extended customization capabilities without impacting existing vendor integrations while leveraging latest backend and frontend technologies.
The platform is built in PHP, including components from Laravel and VueJS for frontends
About the role:
We are looking for a passionate Full Stack developer, with good grasp of microservices, refactoring, performance, testing and security optimizations.
We are growing fast and looking for team members who see beyond solving simple problems and challenge themselves to do the best work every day.
What you'll do
- Together with solution architects, business analysts, software engineers, and QAs, be part of defining the solution for challenging projects
- Implement the requirements per design specifications
- Take care of security, performance, scalability, availability of the solution
- Develop core new platform functionalities and services or improve the existing ones
- Apply good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing and code reviews
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Participate in agile team activities such as daily stand-ups, refinement, sprint planning and retrospective meetings
- Produce and write clear technical and user documentation as required
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Proven experience with object-oriented programming and good understanding of software design patterns
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills with a motivation for quality software craftsmanship
- Unit testing knowledge – PHPUnit & Jest
- Experience working with version control systems (Git)
- Experience with microservices
- Good knowledge of web applications security standards
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Nice to have a good working knowledge of :
- frond-end libraries (like VueJS)
- module bundlers (webpack)
- mysql and nosql databases (memcached, redis)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team