Commercial Operations, EMEA
Digital Marketing Content Writer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are looking for a content marketing expert to contribute to the global content strategy and create content for all digital channels (website, blog, online communication, email, etc.).
The ideal candidate will be an exceptional writer with an SEO background and passionate about developing effective content that tells the story of the brand in a way that is engaging, impactful, resonates with clients and prospects. S/he will be part of the marketing team and will be based in the Bucharest office but will work with the global and sales marketing team as well.
The candidate will be expected to work both autonomously, with limited supervision, and interactively with other team members, demonstrating a commitment toward shared goals and a willingness to take initiative. In addition, s/he will be expected to deliver content that meets the timelines set by the organization.
What you'll do
- Create the content strategy and work collaboratively with the marketing team to execute on it
- Identify content gaps within the buyer journey by segment, persona and buying stage and suggest appropriate content development or repurposing of existing content.
- Work with multiple subject matter experts within other departments – Product, Finance, Development, etc. – to create, revise, measure and ensure consistent, accurate content.
- Research, write and edit original SEO-ready content for the company’s website, blog, online communication, and other content assets including case studies, emails, newsletters, technical documentation, social and more.
- Repurpose and optimize existing content for increased engagement with potential buyers.
- Perform ongoing research and stay up-to-date with industry trends; suggest trendjacking opportunities and formulate opinions that can be incorporated in various pieces of content.
- Work with online marketing and campaign teams to optimize the content performance.
- Coordinate the creation of external marketing assets (videos, whitepapers, etc.) within budget and integrate the work of writers and designers. Work closely with internal designers.
- Assess content performance. Gather insights from analytics tools on what works, what doesn’t and deliver internal reports, together with recommendations for improvement.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Strong copywriting in English (preferably AE), storytelling skills and creativity, coupled with 3+ years’ experience in content marketing (writing/editing/publishing content), for B2B & technology environments.
- Flexible writing style to address multiple audiences while maintaining the brand’s tone of voice.
- Experience researching and reporting on relevant industry trends and best practices to identify new opportunities, must be able to write content optimized for SEO.
- Ability to develop new topics, research, and find a unique spin on existing topics.
- Capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, contributes to high-level planning and strategy development) and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious).
- Experience with content management systems and strong understanding of content work-flows.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, people and project management skills.
- Experience with online events and webinars is a plus.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team