System Engineer Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Responsibility for the operation and further development of our existing Microsoft Office 365 environment with a focus on Azure AD, Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, DLP and automation.
- Conceptual design, operation, and continuous development of Microsoft cloud infrastructure services such as Microsoft Teams, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure
- Collaborate with the team of engineers and IT specialists to design effective, efficient, scalable, and secure applications within the organization’s O365 / Azure platform
- Responsible for collaboration with Information Security to ensure proper security policies and standards are followed
- Strategic, conceptual, and technological consulting within Verifone in the environment of Microsoft 365 products, Microsoft technologies and related Microsoft Azure services
- Contact person for internal stakeholders from the areas of IT infrastructure, IT security and various project teams
- Project support of the business departments from conceptual design to productive implementation
- Evaluation and optimization of existing architectures and technologies considering a best practice approach Continuous knowledge building in close cooperation with the team and documentation also creating and updating KB´s
- Active participation in the design of the Microsoft Security and Compliance Center
- Responsibility for monitoring, reporting and analysis of Microsoft 365 / Azure services
- Consulting and error analysis for our internal 2nd Level Support, training for this Team if required.
- Lead the execution of technical enablement engagements including Technical Briefings, Proof of Concepts, and Architectural Design Sessions
- Participate in the integration of acquired businesses from an operations perspective
- Stay current on technology trends and opportunities, compliance/risk issues by self-study and other training programs company can provide
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Four-year degree (or work experience equivalent) and 2+ years of experience with a proven advanced skill set and enterprise experience across various Microsoft and related technologies, to include architecture experience in O365. This includes proven design, planning and implementation with O365. Additionally, hands on migration / deployment experience in the O365 environment is required.
- Ability to understand the business needs and propose a technology solution that addresses the associated requirements.
- Proven ability to communicate at multiple levels of a mid-size to enterprise-level organization.
- Ability to work equally as effective independently or in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep technical knowledge on Microsoft 365 services, especially Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint and Outlook.
- Proven ability to manage distributed architectures and integration issues
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure services, in particular: Active Directory, GPO, AAD
- Deep knowledge of Scripting such PowerShell
- Deep Knowledge Microsoft Exchange (OnPrem / hybrid Scenario)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, SCCM and Intune solutions / Defender / AVD and Autopilot
- Experience with Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team