Manager, Petro Applications
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The Manager, Petro Application Development is responsible for driving application development excellence for Petroleum C Store solutions focused on forecourt and partner support in the North American and LAC regions. The successful candidate will manage engineering projects, driving CICD, automation and quality into daily engineering tasks. The successful candidate will have demonstrated customer facing skills, managing technical engagements and expectations accordingly. The individual will coordinate with internal teams including internal Petro teams as well as Product, Sales and operations ensuring alignment with Verifone’s strategic direction.
The ideal candidate possess’ strong leadership, communication and administrative skills with management experience and a belief in developing the skills and talents of others.
- Oversee development teams and their projects
- Monitor reliability and performance of all internal systems to suggest improvements
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Manage software development projects by setting requirements, goals and timelines
- Hire engineers and coordinate their training
- Develop tactics for reduction of technical debt
- Engage with Partners and ensure engineering engagements are managed in accordance with program guidelines
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in management
- Ability to work under pressure
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Passionate about emerging engineering technology
- Up-to-date knowledge of the petro and/or payments industry, with a focus on the Forecourt and Partners in the Petro Ecosystem
- Ability to think strategically and analytically coupled with strong written communication skills
- Strong administrative skills with a focus on flawless execution and pragmatic solutions
- Highly collaborative work style with the ability to positively negotiate, influence others and maintain effective business relationships
- Demonstrated leadership ability with a record of developing people and driving change in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing complex solutions and third party relationships
- Interpersonal skills to build relationships across many parts of the organization, and be a successful influencer
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Travel as needed / applicable
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team