For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Android Software Engineer for Global payment services in Verifone you will be helping us realize the future of retail payments making them easy, secure and user friendly. Looking for experts in Android application/framework development, cross platform applications, performance improvements, secure transactions, networking, blockchain and other financial applications.
What you'll do
- Contribute to the development of Java/Kotlin Android applications (and cross platform apps) and services related to; point of sale, payment processing, performance monitoring, consumer analytics, and test automation
- Write scalable efficient code and measure performance of various payment process elements
- Contribute to development of automated test infrastructure using Python or similar scripting language
- Develop new concepts in retail experience – think anything from new sensors to checkout kiosks to automated store experiences
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years prior experience with Android application development
- Expertise developing C++ with Android NDK integration
- Some experience with C/C++ and must be able to read code written in C/C++
- Previous work on published Android application(s) available on the Google Play store or contributions with open-source Android projects
- Strong experience with Android software development in Java and/or Kotlin
- Expertise with Android software development tools
- Experience with, and ability to develop expertise in, secure coding techniques, security/encryption technologies, and cryptography
- Experience with continuous integration software development processes and configuration management tools
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team