Commercial Operations, APAC
Sales Engineer - Korea
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer - Korea you will be expected to support end-to-end sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions by aligning Verifone’s Solution to customers’ business and technical requirements throughout the sales and customer lifecycle (inclusive of delivery, go-live and post-Sales implementation). Through collaboration with Service, Engineering and Solutions Teams, you will play an important role in qualifying opportunities, developing Solution Selling scenarios, and ensuring proposed deals include solutions that accurately address customer needs. You will be responsible to ensure successful deployment and delivery. You are also expected to achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported.
The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable working in a fast-paced, energetic, high-growth environment and has to be target focused.
What you'll do
- Work directly with Partner and Direct Sales Teams to support pre and post-sales scenarios
- Respond effectively to questions; provides technical Product & Solution information.
- Act as a Technical Expert and manage potential customers pain points and business needs
- Work with Sales to qualify prospects using their deep understanding of Verifone solutions
- Collaborate with Partners and Direct Sales Teams to ensure partner Sales Engineers are prepared to demonstrate and sell Verifone’s Products and Solutions
- Proactively scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customer’s met and unmet needs, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both customer and Verifone
- Serve as a key member of the Bid Team in managing RFI / RFP process. Craft and present pitches for business proposals to clients
- Gather all input from the different stakeholders to build the complete offer. Verify the technical solution proposed are relevant and compliant
- Drive the Prove Value phase of selling including delivering successful proof of concept efforts connecting to tangible business outcomes
- Compare Verifone Product and Solutions offering at a technical level against competitive products
Project Management, Delivery & Post-Integration
- Work closely with the Engineering Teams to articulate and translate customer requirements during the SW development phase
- Follow up and monitor Engineering’s progress against agreed timelines and customer SLA to ensure on time, on cost and on quality Software delivery
- Provide direction and support to overall Account Project Team by defining task responsibilities, resource requirements, timelines and removing obstacles / providing solutions
- Support Partners and customer in integration and delivery
- Monitor customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process and alerts concerned teams for potential risks.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with customers and internal regional contacts (includes engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance and account management teams) to ensure successful first-out enablement and timely management of customers’ reported escalations
- Work closely with the Engineering Team to ensure customer requirements are captured and priority is given and maintained on accounts.
- Communicate with the Solutions and Engineering teams regarding any issues or feature requests that are impacting prospects and existing customers.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum of 8 years in Pre-Sales Engineering, Delivery & Integration and/or Solution Analyst., Architect role supporting Sales activity in a tech company whose commercial portfolio includes Hardware, Software and Services
- Track record of working on bids, helping to close large, complex opportunities
- Previous experience within a technical role (Software Engineering, Product Development, Project Management) is highly desirable
- Knowledge in Software programming development tools like C/C++ and Java)
- Experience within the Payments or POS industry across Asia Pacific is a plus - at a minimum, solid conceptual understanding of new technologies in Payment solutions is a must
- Strong working experience architecting and developing complex, technical solutions for Banks and FSI customers is preferred
- Familiarity with Payment / POS industry standard certifications and compliance is a plus
- Aptitude for emerging technologies - ability to learn new technologies and understand how to apply this knowledge in current role
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills – ability to build relationship with important internal and external key stakeholders
- Strong time management, organizational skills
- Self-driven with the ability to prioritize and work independently with limited management direction
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team