Software Design Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
In this role an incumbent will perform Coding, Unit testing, Design and develop complex solutions for Verifone’s enterprise product.
What you'll do
- Convert functional requirements into low level and high-level design specification.
- Deliver software of high quality by writing quality code and perform unit testing.
- Investigate and troubleshoot application performance related issues and providing solutions to resolve it.
- Share knowledge within and across teams.
- Collaborate with different teams to meet the integration requirements of the product.
- Handle client escalations effectively and on timely manner.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 1-5 years of experience in Software design and development.
- Experience in C# and .Net technologies is mandatory, experience in .Net core is desirable.
- Experience in Relational databases like SQL or Oracle. Experience in NoSQL database is desirable.
- Experience in Restful services and Web API and Webservices
- Good understanding of multithreaded applications and windows internals.
- Good understandings of Agile methodology.
- Knowledge of payment processing systems is desirable.
- Experience with deployment and build tools such as Visual Studio, GIT, Jenkins etc.
- Understand and recommend industry best practices and standards.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team