Clearing and Settlement Senior Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Verify all clearing transactions and daily settlement operations are concluded in a timely manner and in line with card networks cut-off time.
- Complete regular management reporting according to agreed KPI's
- Identify transaction rejected, reclassified by card networks ( VISA/MasterCard/AMEX, Diners) in clearing cycle and perform analysis, fix transactions where applicable and co-ordinate with vendor in getting the system fixes.
- Checking and Reconciling daily settlement figures
- Identify discrepancies in settlement amounts and initiating fixes with internal teams and external supplier.
- Monitoring file transfers processed by the Card Networks, resolving any issues together with internal teams and vendor’s technical teams.
- Timely escalation of issues to stakeholders, card networks, internal teams and external vendors.
- Using the card network manuals to analyze issues.
- Operating the VISA Edit Package and MasterCard IPM Pre-Edit software’s and applying hands on experience
- Mandatory reporting to card companies (VISA, MasterCard).
- Clearing and settlement reconciliation (daily, monthly)
- Co-ordinating with Card networks in clearing and settlement operations process and be the primary owner and contact of the clearing and settlement area.
- Training colleagues on entire clearing & settlement process of Card Networks and knowledge base creation.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Education
- Minimum 6-8 years of working experience working with either Acquirer Bank or Non-Bank Acquirer or Issuers in the area of clearing and settlement is a MUST (Specifically VISA and MasterCard)
- Knowledge of other Card Networks ( JCB, CUP, Diners & AMEX) are desirable but not a must.
- Excellent knowledge of Card Network’s ISO8583 variants (VISA/MasterCard) for clearing and authorization is a MUST
- Knowledge of ISO 20022 is desirable but not a must.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Proven understanding of clearing & settlement related knowledge of Card Networks specifically Visa and MasterCard.
- Hands-on experience of working with VISA and MasterCard software’s such Edit Package , IPM Pre-Edit is a must
- Excellent knowledge in MS Office, having experience with a payment processing systems
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask in a demanding and fast paced environment.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in our beautiful office in Bucharest, Romania with multicultural work environment
- Build our clearing and settlement system with us and opportunity to drive the change.
- Work equipment’s of your choice.
- Competitive package for the right candidate
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team