For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership in PM processes and best practices to IT team members. Establish new processes, document, consult, enforce and constantly drive project management process improvements.
• Planning, executing and controlling all project management activities including scope management, requirements management, coordinating technical design and development teams, testing, communication management, issue/ risk management, budget and resource management.
• Ensures information and operational issues concerning project status(schedules, deliverables, costs, risks, issues) passes to-and-from stake holders, project team, and exec management.
• Effectively establish and manage processes with project leads, coordinators and supporting project teams to ensure all processes are effectively meeting business needs.
• Monitor costs and project risks from all perspective and effectively communicate appropriately.
• Own complete project life cycle from definition to completion including success.
• Demonstrate an excellent ability to communicate, manage lead and influence teams that do not directly report to PM.
• Influence the selection and implementation of tools to support IT project management processes.
Knowledge & Experience:
• BS/BA Degree or relevant experience in Computer Science, Engineering or related area to position offered.
• 3 plus years of project management experience in IT.
• Desirable PMP certified and AWS Experience
• Candidate should be proficient in project management practices, a highly effective communicator and experienced in dealing with multiple projects.
• Project management experience with strong functional background in datacenter infrastructure and internal application hosting related projects in High Tech industry.
• Proven experience in all knowledge areas of PM practice including scope, cost, time, integration risk, quality, HR, and communications management.
• Experience developing PMO processes and driving PM best practices to IT teams.
• Solid planning, organizational and multitasking skills to effectively manage various tasks associated with projects.
• This position requires ongoing engagement with Business users in internal operations, IT peers & IT functional management, Senior Leadership and other PMs.
• Ability to build and sustain excellent working relationships with in IT and across Business teams.
• Working experience in multi-national companies in various time zones.
Skills & Ability:
• Excellent people & relationship management skills including conflict resolutions across internal customers, functional & delivery teams.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for variety of audience in business & technical teams.
• Strong presentation skills, able to effectively present and defend point of view to Business & IT audiences.
• Candidate must have an extremely high level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems.
• Should be able to translate the requirement to a technical team. Must be able to perform all kinds of development on own.
• Strong leadership and influence skills.
• Able to manage and achieve results through multiple; cross-functional teams.
• Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills. Is capable of thinking through problems in a systematic and logical manner.
• Able to balance multiple competing priorities and tasks simultaneously.
• Able to participate in meetings outside normal business hours.
• Limited International and domestic travel
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team