Commercial Operations, APAC
Production Support Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
The Production Support Analyst will be responsible for managing, investigating and resolving a diverse range of support related matters in a busy Production Support Department to both internal and external customers. This is a demanding and rewarding role and ensuring Verifone provides first class customer service when resolving production related matters will be the Production Support Analysts primary objective.
What you'll do
Duties are primarily related to supporting our customers, our products and services in both a proactive and reactive manner. The role will involve dealing and progressing many issues/tasks & requests through to resolution. Monitor and respond to group email inbox. Progress large numbers of outstanding support issues in descending priority order. Change Management forms a large part of our day-to-day activities.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Specific Skills: Required
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Technical understanding of the EFTPOS Industry, EMV and/or ISO8583 and/or AS2805
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and working knowledge using REST API’s
- At least 5 years previous experience of working in a busy technical/pre-sales/post-sales support role or Production Environment and/or experience supporting other Technical Helpdesks in a 2nd/3rd line capacity
- High degree of PC Literacy with a proven track record of managing complex support issues in a production environment
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL & Supporting multiple SQL Servers (2008 R2 or above), including advanced query writing, experience of DR/Database
- Mirroring/Clustering/AlwaysOn High Availability, Log Shipping, Automation, Database Maintenance and Monitoring
- Ability to work unsupervised as part of a team. Ability to set own priorities based on the needs of our customers and internal priorities
- Working knowledge of Change Management, Problem Management, Incident Management and Release Management processes
- ITIL Foundation (or higher)
- A working understanding of Software Delivery Lifecycles
- Full Driving License
- Experience using JIRA and Confluence or similar tools
- Operational experience with service monitoring tools like (e.g. SolarWinds, Zabbix or Nimsoft)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team