Software Development Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of custom software targeted at ensuring defect-free production petrol-solutions are released to our customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Understand customer requirements, Design and develop applications for Point of Sale devices based on the requirements
- Contribute in all phases of SDLC
- Work with Project Architect and/or Technical Lead to confirm and substantiate functional and technical designs
- Learn and deploy new technologies as needed
- Accountable for meeting deadlines and deliverable quality
- Follow the coding standards as established in team
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 1-3 years of experience in IT industry
- Proficiency in Core Java – OOPS, Multithreading, RMI
- Understanding of XML, XSD
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns, UML
- Basic knowledge of Serial and TCP-IP Communication
- Ability to write programs fluently, strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills – ability to work in cross cultural environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Requirements – Desirable - Payment Domain knowledge
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team