Software Development Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Collaborate with engineers and product owners to analyze product requirements.
- Design and implement software features based on given requirements and use cases.
- Development of cross-platform software components (Linux, Android).
- Create functional component tests for developed components.
- Provide detailed interface documentation and user guides to facilitate integration with other components.
- Participate in peer reviews of team members' software projects.
- Develop detailed understanding of Verifone products.
- Build connections and relationships with team members and other teams to provide integrated software solutions.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- You have earned a Bachelor’s Degree or above in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other closely related fields.
- You possess a minimum of 3 years professional software development experience.
- Solid development experience in bootloader, Linux kernel, and device drivers
- Working knowledge of the following programming languages and development tools: C/C++, Java, Python, Shell, Make, Git, Atlassian Tools Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash), Jenkins.
- Experience in development of software for embedded systems is a bonus.
- Experience in the payments industry is a desirable.
Your Skills and Abilities:
- You are a motivated, positive and team-orientated individual.
- You are desire to learn new technologies and concepts along with the ability to learn quickly.
- Dedicated, structured and solution-orientated way of working.
- Strong analytical skills to understand requirements, review code and investigate issues.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team