Senior Software Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
As a Senior/Software Engineer, develop products for global markets that meet cost, functions and performance specifications while not compromising on quality and reliability requirements. Depending on projects, the design could be from concept stage or from existing reference design. Besides new product creation, you will also responsible for sustenance of existing products and sustenance related engineering activities.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the System Design Manager in the R&D team, this position is responsible for:
- Software or Firmware Development work.
- Support HQA needs on test program development for the qualification and problem duplication process.
- Support EE during the initial development phase to verify the design and trouble shooting in later phase.
- OS/EE/QA teams need support to study the issues reported (both ongoing project and product in maintenance phase) to narrow down the potential causes
- Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle.
- Creating relevant documentation for designs.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Degree in Electronics Engineering.
- Firmware design and engineering experience. Senior position is considered if more than 8 years.
- Linux device driver experience will be added advantage.
- Fresh grads with good Linux programming skill will be considered as well.
- Some hardware design experience will be added advantage.
- Familiar with product development process from conceptualization to mass production for high volume products.
- Experience working in a multi-sites engineering environment and with both in-house and external organizations for outsourced activities.
Skills / Abilities
- Self starter
- Embedded software design
- Embedded Linux Operating system is added advantage.
- Real-time operating system environment.
- Knowledge on ARM based embedded system design would be advantage.
- Adequate communications skill. Spoken Mandarin would be a plus.
- Able to work under tight schedule.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team