For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Verifone Cloud Services are in process of refreshing the entire estate (over 5,000 VM’s) to latest edition Operating Systems, including Redhat Linux 8. The growth and use of next-gen technology warrants expansion of the existing Server Operations team. This position is an exciting prospect for any ambitious engineer wishing to work with the latest technologies to drive impeccable standards via automated techniques.
What you’ll do (besides learning, teaching and having fun along the way)
Business as Usual
- Drive and support daily activities (server builds, patching, configuration support for Application teams, etc.)
- Participate in on-call activities.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in case of service outages.
- Maintain various configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet) and updated them as needed.
- Help drive new projects with the help of Architecture, Security and Application teams.
- Provide input as Subject Matter Expert to all new initiatives.
Ideally, you should feel comfortable with:
3-5 years of working experience with Linux based distros (preferably at least two distros), like:
- Scripting (BASH / Python)
Working knowledge of:
Working knowledge with at least two of the following application servers:
- SMTP relays
Working knowledge with one of the following DBMS (database management system):
Familiarity with at least one of the following tools:
Working knowledge on at least one of the following systems
- ELK stack
- App Dynamics
Familiarity with ITIL concepts and practices, limited but not limited to
- CMDB (Configuration Management Database)
- Change Management
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
- A working knowledge of the payment industry and services
- PCI DSS requirements relating to operating systems and configuration standards
- Security best practices expected when handling sensitive / cardholder data
Last, but not least: don’t worry if you don’t tick all the checkboxes, if you’re passionate about technology and don’t mind going the extra mile to learn new things, give us a shout! We speak technology fluently and we are more than happy to support you in growing your skillset in dynamic, fun and working environment
Join our worldwide team