Technical Support Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
Your work will be prioritized based on issue severity and additional tasks will be assigned to you based on your manager's discretion. You will provide first level technical support to resolve client issues within defined SLA's. By forwarding your analysis to Senior Engineers for escalated issues, this will expedite the resolution. You will work after hours support on a scheduled rotation to resolve critical issues. Preparing and maintaining various forms of documentation will build on your knowledge and track performance.
- Communicate with clients to understand issue and determine the priority.
- Client must be updated through all stages of the issues progress. Issue resolution communicated to client upon completion and obtain client but-in to close the ticket.
- Collect data from the available resources, perform initial investigation, and analyze information to establish root cause. Collecting additional pertinent data to aid in determining configuration / code changes that may be required.
- Work on issues reported after hours and provide up-to-date findings in your ticket for the next engineers to take over the issue, if the investigation needs to continue into the next business day.
- Provide management critical updates, project prioritization, balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- You will update tickets using JIRA Service Desk, maintain the Confluence Client Information Repository and aid in building and maintaining Support documentation.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Community College certificate in a related field of study or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experiences in technical support environment is an asset.
- Exposure to and working knowledge of networking and Windows Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of Networking, SQL/Oracle DB's and Scripting
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) and Payment Industry is helpful.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Exceeding Customer Expectations!
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Teamwork and partnership skills.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team