Senior Software QA Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
As part of our team, your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Develop automation test artifacts for unit and system testing of Python and Commander Refresh platforms
- Participate fully as a member of our delivery team
- Be involved in the planning and creation of successful testing outcomes
- Delivery of quality and usable Petro payment functionality to all users and external customers
- Testing automation, manual System Testing and Regression Testing of all changes prior to release into the Production environment
- Ensure the financial integrity of all applications connected to the AFD/POS network
- Working with Project Teams (where required) to provide Test Analysis of such things as Terminal Functionality, Host Response validation, Security Requirements and Compliance/Certs
- Ability to work with third parties to facilitate their or our own testing requirement
- Working with the business to develop workable solutions that best fit the business needs or alternatives that do not necessarily require system functional changes
- Creation and Management of Test Plans and Test Case Documentation
- Actively identifying areas of improvement and documenting and engaging the relevant areas and teams for discussion and potential inclusion in any future development
- In order to be considered for this role you should possess the following skills and experience
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience testing within the payments industry
- Strong knowledge in EMV and payment interfaces
- Good knowledge on Cloud services
- You should have worked with at least one automated testing framework (Selenium, Robot) and one of the scripting language (Java)
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of functional and non‐functional testing
- Hands‐on testing experience within a whole range of functional testing including UAT, acceptance and system testing, both manual and automated testing
- High level analytical and problem-solving skills, with a proven ability to investigate complex issues and make informed decisions about them when written guidelines are not necessarily available
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a real passion for working in highly collaborative environments
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum)
- Experience/knowledge of continuous integration tools such as Jenkins is an advantage.
- A deep understanding of reading and writing HTML, exposure to Java, knowledge of XML
- Knowledge Java IDE (eclipse etc.)
- Be familiar with working in a Linux environment, SQL databases
- Experience in verifying (smoke tests) virtualized test environments(VMs)
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team