Senior SW System Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Verifone is one of the world’s largest POS terminal vendors and a leading provider of payment and commerce solutions. We operate in more than 150 countries and employ nearly 5,000 people globally. Our steady growth has come organically, through a dedication to innovation and strategic partnerships, as well as from savvy acquisitions.
We believe great work comes from incredible people. We’ve established a team with dedication to committed support and unmatched expertise. Whether it’s building significant client experiences or paving the way for the future breakthrough in payment technology, Verifone is a place where growing your career means making a global impact. Let’s shape the future of commerce together.
- Do you have an aptitude and real passion for software development and systems engineering?
- Are you motivated by helping and supporting others?
- Are you a high energy, self-starter, capable of working independently and collaboratively?
If so, we have an exciting and dynamic full-time position for you within the Verifone Global Deployment Engineering team.
Verifone is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer to join our Global Deployment Engineering team working on Onboarding system automation. The Deployment team is chartered with ensuring Verifone products and systems are built from the start with fully automated deployment programming and onboarding in mind. Automated deployment programming means that Verifone terminals have their software configurations (operating system, applications, security keys, parameters, and other content) loaded automatically via our cloud-based terminal management system. Automated onboarding means that all merchant and terminal details are automatically configured by our onboarding systems into all the various portals and endpoints that the terminal needs to interface with (i.e. terminal management, gateway, host, cloud services, etc…). The end goal of our automated deployment and onboarding is to enable Verifone terminals to connect & transact payments out of the box.
Our automated deployment and onboarding applications are constructed using these architectural approaches and techniques:
- REST/Hypermedia and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Agile development techniques and Scrum development processes
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- In accordance with company coding conventions, approved designs and project standards, perform appropriate coding, code commenting, debugging, bug fixing, code testing and unit-testing, and other supplementary related activities.
- Participate in creating/updating technical documentation (e.g. Requirements Document, Functional Design, Interaction Design, Technical Design, etc.)
- Communicate in a clear and structured way with clients, colleagues and managers
- Follow the agreed team or project processes and procedures, including reporting to superiors on status of project/release/task efforts and key issues.
- Diagnose software and system failures that impacting deployment & onboarding
- Provide production support when required
- Recommend & Define SW and System Architecture enhancements
- Mentor & help develop junior engineers on the team
Skills & Abilities:
- University degree in relevant subject area (computer engineering, computer science, etc.) and 6+ year experience
- Creative problem-solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high- level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- Ability to estimate tasks based on technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Excellent skills and experience in some of following tech stacks:
- C#, WPF, WCF, WinForms, ADO.net
- MS SQL Database & XML
- Knowledge of Web Service development
- Experience conducting load/scale/performance testing
- Experience using Data structure and algorithms
- Experience in White Box vs Black Box Software testing
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion
- SQL database: performance improvement experience is a plus
- Cloud development: Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Payment Industry/Payment System experience is a plus
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team