Senior Software Engineer (Java)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Design, develop and document new micro-services, management framework, application configuration, API's and data framework that enables Verifone and customers to manage new merchant onboarding.
What you'll do
- Design, develop, document and implement new programs and subprograms, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software
- Manage Scrums. Take daily scrum calls. Manage retrospective at end of each sprint. Manage sprint planning
- Responsible for the over-all development relating to user interaction, device communication, infrastructure configuration, scalability, reliability, testing and performance
- Excellent understanding of SDLC processes and automated tools, spanning requirements /issue management, defect tracking, source control, build automation, test automation and release management
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on software development or support issues
- Diagnoses software and systems failures using established procedures or by building new means of addressing customers’ technical issues
- Collaborate with and/or lead cross-functional teams, build and launch applications and data platforms at scale, either for revenue generating or operational purposes
- Developing and delivering quality software in a fast paced environment
- Document designs, code, issues and root causes after resolution of issues
- Recommend alternate approaches, analyze impacts, and provide sizing estimates Collaborate with other cross platform team members to build effective integration
- Participate in design sessions and code reviews
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on a look out for new technologies and work with development team in bringing new technologies from the IOT, Big Data and device management space
- Ensure quality of services are near 100% defect free and services work in production to support uptime SLA of each program
- Excellent communication skills are needed
- Mentors and/or train junior engineers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ year track record of relevant work experience and a Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Strong coding skills and experience in shipping complex software to production
- Experience as scrum master
- Experience as Strong Java developer with very good understanding of Microservices architecture
- Experience with Mongo, Kafka, Spark, Angular, Docker, Kubernetes, Akamai, Griddle, RDBMS, Elastic Search, CIAM, API Management Framework
- Good understanding of CI/CD, Security and performance tuning and optimization
- Command of data structures, algorithms, performance and scalability
- Technical problem solving skills
- Must be able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management
- GitHub or Bit Bucket and CI/CD with Jenkins & Deployment tool
- Being a self-starter and results-oriented with a strong sense of ownership
- Agile development experience
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team