Project Manager, Mexico
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Work directly with programmers and QA, ensuring that all customer requirements are met in the application and review testing strategies to ensure quality deliverables
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Knowledge and Experience
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science/Information systems or a related field of study
- Advanced degree in business or marketing desirable.
- 5-7 years’ experience with C/C++/Java or object-oriented development
- Strong familiarity with project management with project management software
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Experience with mobile platforms, connected devices and advertising / media preferred
- Understands all phases of software development process, project management and bug tracking tools
- PMP certification preferred
- SMC certification preferred
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with COUNFLUENCE
- Experience with payment technologies and credit card processing a plus
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
Formal Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree (desired)
- English fluent
Skills & Ability:
- Strong organizational and multitasking capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment is a plus!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have an extremely high level of energy, drive, and creativity to solve complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities.
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, customer centric and sales focused entrepreneurial environment.
Flexible during times of change.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team