Senior Mechanical Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Verifone is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join the HW Design Team in Taipei, Taiwan office. This position is responsible for the development of Verifone devices for MPOS, Countertops, PIN Pads, Multilane, Portables & Transportable, Integrated POS.
What you'll do
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for the mechanical design, development and quality of products.
- You will contribute as a senior engineer of a mechanical engineering team.
- You will engage in structure part design, tooling DFM discussion, manufacture DFX, technical problem solving and creatively meeting product objectives.
- You will work with cross-functional teams to accomplish goals.
- You will play a role in defining manufacturing processes and product assembly methods.
- You will identify and initiate investigations of production technologies, prototype and test solutions for product features, and design and validate production designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
- You also need to take responsibility for sustaining projects and respond field issues in timely manner. Well issue analytic capability and testing DOE plan arrangement.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 8+ yrs experience in mechanical engineering field.
- You will demonstrate a strong working knowledge of mechanical systems, with expertise in systems integration, injection molding, and manufacturing processes.
- Candidates must show a hands-on passion for their work and be able to communicate their ideas and concepts both verbally and visually.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to integrate feedback and to respond quickly to changing contexts and work environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tooling and materials process validation
- Demonstrated design experience integrating component modules
- Product validation experience
- Strong 3D CAD and database management skills (CREO/Windchill or SolidWorks/EPDM)
- Fluent English spoken and written
- Analytic problem solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar disciplines
- Experience with consumer electronics products design and manufacturing.
- Experience designing with smartphone, payment system.
- Experience with structural analysis and testing.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team