Senior QA Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
A test engineer is required to join a regional software development team, developing fresh new payment applications on Verifone’s latest terminal products. Terminal solutions today are far more complex than just software driven hardware, applications are required to be integrated with many different Electronic Cash Register (ECR) solutions, hosted bank acquirers, loyalty solutions and other reporting and analytic solutions.
Verifone test engineers test in different stages of the software development lifecycle and depending on expertise they are expected to write and execute code level unit tests, black box unit tests, end to end solution tests.
Additionally test engineers are often required to perform integration of the solution with external connected devices and solutions.
Within the payment industry as one would expect, there are a large amount of industry standards and specifications which our solutions are required to meet, and thus certify. As a test engineer it is expected that such certifications are well understood and can be tested.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Reviewing software design specifications and requirements.
- Designing test cases.
- Documenting of certification tests (VISA / MC / partners).
- Execute code level unit tests, black box unit tests, end to end solution tests.
- Conducting peer test plan reviews.
- Platform security and redundancy definition and supervision.
- Supervision of software versioning (tracking changes).
- First line of support for operations team.
- Maintaining of knowledge database on delivered solution.
- Preparation of users' and administrators' manuals.
- Write unit tests at code level (experience dependent).
- Design, Write, and execute automation scripts.
- Perform all these duties in a timely manner.
- Continues process improvement.
General Desired Skills and experience
- Good command of English (both verbal and written)
- Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent is required
- Preferably 2-5 Years Experienced Employees specializing in testing or Quality Assurance
- Different software testing methodologies, familiar with agile
- Some experience in test automation tools
- Designing, conducting and documenting of different types of tests (unit, UAT, performance, end-to-end, regression, ...)
- Networking protocols (TCP/IP,..) and able to capture traffic.
- Client / Server technology
- Analytical skills
- Practical usage of ITIL will be a plus
Payment Skills and experience (an advantage)
- EMV and contactless (NFC will be a plus)
- card authorization protocols (ISO8583, APACS, SPDH) will be a plus
- EMV and contactless (NFC will be a plus)
- participation in VISA / MC certifications projects
Technology, Coding, Scripting and Tools, Skills
- Knowledge of one test tool suite, e.g. HP Quality Center, JAMA, XRAY
- Linux Operating System (Embedded Linux development)
- Bash Shell Scripting (a plus)
- Python Scripting (a plus)
- C, C++ (a plus)
- General device driver knowledge in the areas of serial, Ethernet, USB, flash memory, displays, printers, wireless modems, Bluetooth, RFID, magnetic strip readers, smart cards
- Opportunity to participate in international software development projects
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Challenging work in multinational environment with a dynamic team
- Benefit package (medical care, life insurance, sport card, lunch vouchers)
- Necessary working tools
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team