Software Development Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Develop projects that will be used by our top clients & shoppers
- Be part from the applications design meetings
- Sharing to the team cool ideas and research areas you are passionate of
- Continuously strives to make improvements to dev team process and the tools it uses to solve problems.
- Be source of knowledge for other developers
- Have positive impact beyond code
- Ensure compliance to coding standards and security policies
- Define, document, and enforce engineering standards
- Be part of an experienced team
- Develop core platform functionalities and services
- Be involved in all application design meetings developed within the team
- Contribute to optimization and scalability projects
- Apply good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing and code reviews
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 4+ years of PHP development experience
- 2+ years of frontend development experience (preferable using Vue.js and ES6)
- Proven experience with object-oriented programming and good understanding of software design patterns
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking skills with a motivation for quality software craftsmanship
- Experience working with version control systems (Git)
- Good knowledge of web applications security standards (OWASP)
- Initiative and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team