For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
The Accounting Manager leads all day-to-day accounting operations, with functional responsibility for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash management. Responsibilities also include preparation of financial statements; proper maintenance of accounting records; accurate processing of financial transactions; and administration of a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Local Statutory Requirements as well as US General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Supervise the Regional Accounting Team to ensure high quality deliverables are provided to all relevant stakeholders within the agreed timelines.
- Oversees service delivery and the day-to-day operations of the team, ensuring that all standards are met and procedures are followed.
- Review output/performance/delivery of the team to maintain compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and local accounting principles.
- Responsible for Month End closing to a strict timetable for Financials into Oracle (ERP system). Reporting scope includes P&L, Balance sheet, Cash Flow.
- Ownership of statutory financial statements (Romania, The Netherlands);
- Ownership of engagement with corporate/internal and external auditors for all local and Global wide engagements.
- Addressing audit findings to improve compliance and accuracy of transaction processing.
- Ensure full compliance with the group accounting and financial policies and procedures
- Maintain process workflows, procedures and management information for all areas under integration phase. Implement best practices in future integration projects.
- Identify areas for process integration improvement, obtain stakeholder approval and ensure they are implemented in line with the approved plan.
What you need to have:
- University or equivalent degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and/or Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA etc.).
- 3+ years of overall combined reporting, controlling or external audit experience
- 5+ years work experience for a large multi-national organization.
- Big four – a plus
- Fluent English language skills; verbal, reading and writing
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills in support of organizational change
- Knowledge of Oracle E-Business and Oracle Hyperion would be an advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong understanding of and experience with process mapping and process improvement.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment, take ownership of the resolution of problems, be flexible and accountable, manage conflicting responsibilities, prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Good communication across all levels of business
Why you’ll love working with us:
Join our worldwide team