Scheme Compliance Officer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The Scheme Compliance officer will support the Payment Compliance Officer with the management of compliance requests and issues from our partner acquirers and processors. The position will report to the Payment Compliance function of Avangate BV in the Netherlands.
- Understand the compliance programs from the international card schemes (such as MasterCard and Visa) and inform relevant internal teams of changes.
- Partner with internal departments to meet payment industry requirements
- Support audits requested by partner acquirers and processors
- Support special projects involving these relationships
- Report on non-compliance issues and progress on mitigation
- Ensure that the company’s policies and procedures comply with the relevant card scheme rules
- Perform periodic card scheme compliance risk assessments
- Prepare card scheme compliance reports
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Minimum 3 years of experience in (regulated) financial services
- Experience with Scheme programs and requirements
- Willing to travel
- Experienced relationship manager
- Problem solving and solution oriented
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines without sacrificing quality of work product
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, depending on the situation
- Expected time expenditure: Part time
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team