For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Verifone takes great pride in delivering quality software products to all our customers. The Automation team is responsible to bring efficiency into the team and also ensuring software quality by running automated regression test suites for each of the product release cycle..
The Automation Manager is tasked with the overall responsibility of increasing the automation coverage for the solutions . The role involves quality and test advocacy, resource planning and management, and resolution of issues that impede the Automation effort.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and drive a Automation Roadmap strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Lead efforts to develop, document, and implement applicable Automation to bring more efficiency to the team.
- Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned software systems to ensure compliance with software/system specifications.
- Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards of the Automation.
- Be highly committed to create world class automation for regression and feature testing.
- Design, implement, and maintain comprehensive test plans to ensure software requirements are met.
- Collaborate with solution team to improve and bring more efficiency by automating day to day operations
- Maintain a high degree of error free programs, procedures, systems and documentation on all Automation Framework releases.
- Develop and maintain the Automation scripts for each of the solutions
- Anticipate potential software problems by creating exhaustive test scenarios that ensure comprehensive testing.
- Assist in Testing the applications/products when required.
- Document all testing results in conjunction with test plans.
- Need to perform dependency management for each of the Automation Framework release
- Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
- Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
- Communicate critical issues and status updates in a timely manner.
- Educate and train peers and subordinates on the QA process and provide guidance to them when they are unclear about the process.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the team on "best practices" and test management tools
- Plan, organize, and monitor the execution of the work assignments for the Automation Team.
- Ensure that the project schedule is adhered to and the work is completed according to the schedule.
- Evaluate training and development needs
- Managing test tools & test environments
- Collaborate with solution team to improve overall product quality
- Assist with recruitment of Automation resources & conduct interviews
- Perform performance appraisals
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- A minimum of five years of proven working experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of Automation, Software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience in test automation and creating repeatable, maintainable, automated test suites
- Experience with API testing; Proficient in Postman
- Experience with test management tools (e.g. JAMA, SPIRA, Quality Center)
- Experience in handling Automation projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and Python scripting
- Knowledge of CI/CD processes and the corresponding tools like Git, Jenkins
- Knowledge on Java is desirable
- Practical experience in Agile frameworks (Scrum) and tools (Jira, confluence)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills: able to explain technical issues and solutions to peers.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, software development or related fields.
- Advanced Test Manager/Analyst certification, ISTQB, SASTQB is a plus
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team