Mobile POS Development Lead
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Providing leadership and guidance to a team of up to 10 engineers in support of Verifone’s business objectives.
- Manage a Team of software and QA teams to build, operate and support software systems in production
- Work with Product Managers and Business teams to define requirements and build roadmaps
- Lead prioritization; balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast paced engineering team
- Implement and improve production and continuous process.
- Build the next generation of Retail cloud services and POS
- Multi discipline capability for collaboration with other managers – Engineering, Quality, Supply chain, Product, Business, HR across Verifone global.
- Hold 1-on-1s and develop performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Recruiting and retaining a high performing teams.
- Full responsibility of the team processes, quality, and deliveries and deployment.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with strong academic backgrounds
- 3+ years of development team manager or similar roles in a medium or larger software company managing high performance teams
- 5+ years of software development experience in object-oriented design and coding.
- Highly talented technological leader with strong experience in Client & Server side technologies and frameworks (Java (Spring boot), C# .Net Core, Angular) – hands on
- Experience with Android mobile development
- Deep understanding in software architecture, robust/scalable/high-performance SaaS
- Good development methodologies, design patterns, coding and testing best practices.
- Discover and develop new technologies and lead architecture solutions design
- Produce quality products on time to meet our business goals and deliver high quality, secure, stable and high-performance product
- Strong background in Cloud (AWS), microservices architecture & large scale environments.
- Good knowledge of SQL (MySQL) and No-SQL databases
- Familiar with microservices and CI/CD.
- Solid experience in leading teams in Agile Scrum methodology.
- Hands on experience with tools like Jira, Jenkins, Git, Stash, Confluence, Artifactory, etc. is a plus
- High level English – read, write and expression
- Can do and Get things done approach.
- Experience in the Retail business
- Working in global organization.
- Experience building distributed platforms that handle high volume of data or transactions with attention to high scalability and performance
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team