Web UX Designer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are searching for a User Interface/Experience Designer who will apply knowledge of user-centered design methods, human-computer interaction and industry best practices to drive useful and usable interface design solutions. She/he is primarily responsible for high-quality designs, graphics, mock-ups and layouts for both new and existing company applications.
The UI/UX designer is part of the User Experience & Industrial Design team and is strategically placed at the confluence of business, technical and support functions, with the main role of facilitating alignment on product requirements through design deliverables.
What will you do?
- Translate user goals into user-centered designs, leading the efforts around understanding the user needs/desires along with balancing those of the business stakeholders and effectively advocating for the customers
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with other team members
- Create and present interface wireframes, prototypes, mockups for company’s web applications, such as checkout or administration dashboards.
- Testing design assumptions through interviews, user testing and any other user experience testing techniques
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a unified design system for the platform’s digital ecosystem in close collaboration with front end developers and rest of the UX team.
- Collaborate with fellow UX team members to improve the design process inside the company.
- Continuously optimize the design and usability of 2Checkout’s web application interfaces.
- Document design deliverables with functional and design specifications.
- At least 3 years of UX design experience for Software, Web applications or eCommerce which leverages emergent technologies
- A portfolio with examples of work, preferably including research applied into final designs to explain your design process and decisions
- Extensive knowledge of current web technologies, standards, patterns & visual design trends
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand, design and communicate a cohesive and consistent end-to-end user experience, beyond just the creation of wireframes
- Must be passionate about uses of design/information architecture/usability/accessibility, about your work and happy to present your designs to stakeholders for review and feedback
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability and as nice to have drawing skills and sketchbook techniques. Experience creating prototypes (using Axure, Adobe XD, Figma or similar software) that are suitable for demos, usability testing or adaptation by software engineers
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a simple way. Whether on paper, face to face, or when designing, you can get your visual and non-visual ideas across effectively
- Customer focused and dedicated to ensuring a high quality of service
- Proficiency in creating use cases and process flow diagrams is a plus
- Demonstrate determination to always improve, learn and collaborate
- Play a flexible role across a multi-functional team, high attention to detail
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team