Software Development Engineer (Java, Android)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
The position is responsible for the development and support of software/systems in respect of planning, building, testing, implementation and support of new and existing software products or systems.
What you'll do
- Technical expertise in building software.
- Excellent technical abilities to trouble shoot and resolve technical issues.
- Own up product support module end to end across regions.
- Removes all technological obstacles from business operations
- Does due diligence as far as analysis and design of any solutions they undertake technically.
- Owns technological solutions to support and resolve the integrator need including: Build, Test and Deploy
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Overall experience of 6 to 8 years of experience in Core Java and Android
- Payment exp - good to have
- Effective time management.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and achieve results.
- Knowledge of Scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Good presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- A working knowledge of the payment card industry, standards and practices will add on.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status
Join our worldwide team