Embedded Software Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Software Developers focus on the entire system, not just a single piece of it in isolation. They're responsible for making sure the hardware, software, and network function together with appropriate performance and security.
Software Developer owns and is accountable for the design and development of a product feature or sub-system. Spends most of the time developing code, and efficiently produces elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction. Code is thoroughly tested with very few bugs, and is supported by unit tests. Plans, designs, develops, tests and supports software systems or applications for software enhancements and new feature.
What you'll do
- Analyse the design of the solution
- Develop and document requirements for system integration and testing activities on payment systems
- In conjunction with the rest of the programme team, ensure the programme succeeds
- Support the development of appropriate integration and testing strategies
- Support the detailed planning to successfully execute the identified strategy
- Define unit and smoke test (White Box) requirements, specifications and scripts
- Support the production issues and associated test conclusions
- Support the continuous improvement of integration and testing processes, procedures and tools
- To adapt Information Security Management Systems policy
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Recognized Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a computer-related discipline
- Experience in software development min. 2 years
- Experience in C++ min. 2 years
- Experience with C in embedded min. 2 years
- Strong follow-up skills
- Good communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) skills
- Eligibility to work within a team
- Java experience would be a plus
Join our worldwide team