Materials Expeditor (Contract)
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
- To liaise with Supply planning and Category managers / Category Directors to
ensure that supply assurance priorities are aligned
- To be an integral part of the global category team for the commodities assigned.
- To attend weekly and daily supply escalation calls with suppliers as required
- To attend weekly and daily supply planning calls to update on material shortage
status and take action to escalate where necessary
- To develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all
levels to ensure optimal leverage and influence on supply outcomes.
- To understand manufacturing processes and logistic routes for the commodities
- To understand supplier production capacity, yields, raw material supply chain
and other factors that may impact on the suppliers ability to deliver sufficient
volume at all times.
- Support New Product development in the expediting of parts for NPI builds
- Support EMS to solve critical supply issues and ensure optimal availability.
- Be well informed of latest technology trends and supply base options to ensure
that alternative supply options are known and understood in the event these are
- To develop and maintain accurate records of suppliers’ delivery commitments
and capacity allocated to Verifone.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Strong influencing skills and detailed knowledge of supply chain structures
- Strong and Fluent English Communication Skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Have integrity and be self-motivated, demonstrate drive and dedication
- Work in fast-paced environment under pressure
- Proven track record in semiconductor and electronics essential
- Minimum five years work experience in sourcing or materials expediting
- Be collaborative and a team player
- Demonstrate accountability and personal responsibility.
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP and Agile PLM would be advantageous
- Microsoft office especially (Excel) to an advanced level would be a distinct
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team