Systems Integration Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.
In this role you will report into the Implementation Manager and will exhibit the highest level of expertise in the delivery and support for all Verifone hardware and software solutions including Engage, Mx9, Vx, Ux, and e3 technologies. You will work across broad technology stacks including Android, XPI, SCA, VHQ, and all forms of E2EE methodologies to create client specific software configurations for lab and production environments, providing technical guidance and best practices to integrators, and providing advanced technical support throughout the lifecycle of the project. Acting as a technical liaison between Verifone and the client, you will frequently work with other functional teams, will be highly visible throughout the implementation.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for software and hardware solution delivery and technical support work throughout the project life cycle.
- Triage and report problems within engineering departments, and drive investigation and delivery for any potential solutions.
- Gather and document system requirements and collaborate with engineers and product managers to design and ensure successful delivery of retail solutions based on business needs.
- Obtain, clarify, and impart technical knowledge regarding existing and newly released VeriFone products.
- Participate in on-site visits and kick-off calls to present technical solutions and respond to inquiries relative to technical aspects of solutions or products.
- Top-level support for critical issues and production implementations, including 24/7 standby as and when needed.
- Identify and present solutions for process improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Recognized Degree / Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a computer-related discipline.
- Sense of urgency and drive to succeed. You should be comfortable working within a deadline driven fast paced environment, and flexible to work overtime when needed.
- Proven track record working in a multitasking and dynamic environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Exercises sound judgment and creativity in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Self-motivated fast learner and great teammate who takes initiative and collaborates with others.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with customers, sales and technical resource personnel in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
- Proficient knowledge of T-SQL, Batch (Windows), Shell (SH), or any other scripting languages is preferred.
- High energy level, can-do mentality, resilient, and good work ethic.
- We value integrity, honesty, maturity.
- You have a strong partner and customer focus.
- Committed to striving for continuous improvement every single day, while also having fun. You identify as a dedicated, creative self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team