Senior Software Development Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Design and develop applications or library for point of sale devices based on the requirements.
What you'll do
- Understand customer requirements.
- Design and develop applications or library for point of sale devices based on the requirements.
- Work with product architects (external and internal stake holders) to confirm and substantiate functional and technical designs Provide technical guidance to the junior team members
- Ability to provide comprehensive test plan for the developed feature.
- Assume ownership of end-to-end delivery of project/product.
- Contribute in all phases of software development lifecycle.
- Learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
- Ability to prioritize tasks / multiple projects.
- Be accountable for meeting deadlines and quality of deliverables.
- Follow and enforce the coding standards as per organization guidelines
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- 6 - 10 years of experience in IT industry
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Design Principles.
- Proficiency in C/C++.
- Proficiency in scripting language.
- Good communication skills – ability to work in cross cultural environment
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies independently.
- Good in system level debugging and performance optimization.
- Hands on experience in gdb tool with core dump analysis.
- Hands on experience working on Linux programming environment
- Experience of Linux IPCs, socket programming, data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming and code review.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and capable of multi-tasking.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethics and positive team attitude.
- Knowledge of SDLC
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team