Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
You will be part of our end-end delivery team. We operate sprints and our teams are made up of resources in global locations and we coordinate via local agile rituals and our scrum-of-scrums. We are looking for resources with experience across the whole development, testing and defect management lifecycle.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the customer discovery sessions, ensuring the requirements gathering captures all applicable acceptance criteria that need to be validated during QA
- Provide estimates into the end-end project planning and estimation, covering effort, duration, tooling and other dependencies (both Customer of Verifone)
- Create and maintain test planning artifacts, manage the review and acceptance of these artifacts by customer and project teams
- Manage and participate in test execution
- Manage and execute the defect triage and lifecycle
- Assist in the recruitment of QA resources from multiple sourcing options - Employee, contract and partners
- Face into the customers QA team and represent Verifone in the customer sessions.
- Create, review and distribute all formal test documentation and artifacts.
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Demonstrated knowledge with Mobile App automation tools like Appium and robot framework
- Hands on experience on setting up Android studio, Android Debug Bridge, the mobile developer ecosystem, source management tooling like Git
- Working knowledge with Atlassian toolsets like JIRA and Confluence is a must
- Experience with test automation using scripting languages such as Python
- Familiarity using terminal emulators, mobile emulators/simulators, experience with mobile (specifically Android) or embedded systems testing
- Experience with CI/CD - continuous integration, testing and deployment servers such as Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Familiar with Quality assurance lifecycle processes around test data management, test planning, test defect triage/management and reporting, and using tools and techniques for automating much of the test and defect lifecycle.
- Experience in API testing and API automation
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience on both Manual Testing and Automation testing
- Experience terminal payment testing, EMV/Scheme certification is highly preferred
- Experience using JAMA is good to have
- Ability to work independently and in a dynamic and challenging environment
- Ability to help an organisation significantly increase its automation coverage and influence the engineering lifecycle and culture.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team