Senior Business Analyst
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
About the role
Verifone is seeking a Business Analyst to partner with our clients to craft user stories for large-scale agile projects, defining the next generation of payments solutions in Australia.
Are you a technical expert in end-to-end payments systems? Do you enjoy working on collaborative agile teams, who put customers at the center of everything we do? Are you a ninja in the banking and payments industry, who enjoys working across engineering and business streams to translate technical and business requirements into clear and compelling user stories? Do you love to drive and deliver solutions from requirements to end deployment and beyond?
What you’ll do
- Coordinate with internal and external partners to develop and manage requirements expectations and user experience
- Craft requirements into user stories which both highly technical engineers as well as business and product management leaders understand
- Closely work with development teams to deliver fit-for-purpose specifications and customer requirements, with a focus on standards and technologies for the banking industry, specifically for merchant acquiring
- Identify and implement improvements to governance & industry standards
- Collaborate with members of the Product Delivery Team
- Facilitate customer meetings and workshops
- Produce and Maintain both customer facing and internal documentation
- Work with the project team to form strategies to meet the release timelines aligning with the organizational roadmap and to provide effective optimization approaches to maximize coverage within time and resource constraints
- Ensure operational and business readiness for releases
- Conduct walk-throughs of the requirements and specifications with key commercial and engineering resources and clients
- Participate in retrospectives and reviews to drive findings and key takeaways toward our continuous process improvements
- Support test, go-live and post go-live activities
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- At least 5 years of proven experience in the field of requirements engineering in the payments’ industry either as a Business Analyst, Software Developer/ Engineer or QA Engineer
- Experienced in scope management, planning and estimation
- Experienced building and nurturing relationships with stakeholders
- Experienced collaborating with functional teams
- Ability to demonstrate structured process disciplines
- In depth understanding of the different systems analysis phases, the software development process, and/or functional engineering principles
- Experience with payment systems and payment systems testing is a plus
- Work experience in a global company in both agile and waterfall delivery models
- A proven track record of working well under limited supervision, with ability to produce results quickly and thoroughly.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical leadership skills
- Good organization and planning skills
- Experience working with JIRA, confluence, MS Project and Office
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team