Junior Software Developer - INTERN
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are now looking for a Junior Software Developer to join our OS platform team. We architect, integrate, and support OS and middleware for Verifone Payment Terminals.
This is an exciting role for an energetic, collaborative, capable, and hardworking engineer looking to take their career forward in the areas of Embedded, IoT and Payments.
What you'll do
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts, debugging and defining corrective actions.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Software Developers and Quality Engineers to understand and develop the use cases required across the system.
- Work independently and as a member of the team.
- Collaborate effectively with remote team members
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Basic experience programming in C or C++ and Python
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience with Linux or Android
- Self-motivated, open to change and excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with source control systems (e.g. GIT)
- SW development on Android or iOS
- Embedded Linux or Linux drivers
- Communication protocols TCP/IP stack, DHCP, ethernet
- Security/Encryption technologies
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team