Senior Android OS Developer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do:
Senior Android OS Developer:
- Design and implement functions on VFI Android platform for payment devices
- Android driver development and adaptation to VFI specific hardware
- Extend and build VFI security assets on the platform
- Unit-test code for robustness
- Work on bug fixing and improve platform stability and close known security vulnerabilities
- Update the platform to newer Android revisions
- Collaborate with application layer teams to understand platform requirements and introduce new features
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Language: C/C++/Java
- Understanding of the Android platform stack
- Understanding of Android security concepts
- Understanding of embedded HW including SOC support Android, communication stacks and various peripherals
- Experience with Android NDK and SDK
- Proven experience with driver development
- Proven working experience with Android System Development
- Experience with third-party library integration
- Solid understanding of full embedded development life cycle
- Git source code control
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team