24/7 Helpdesk Agent
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
Helpdesk Agent Position Summary
In this role you will be providing frontline product/solution support to our clients, resolving service requests and managing incidents in collaboration with our infrastructure teams. Based in Ashford, Kent, the successful candidate will be part of an overnight team providing 24/7 support in the English language across the European region.
To join our team, you will need:
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- The ability to be objective and think outside of the box
- To be able to work well individually as well as with a team
- To be willing to be reliable, responsible, take ownership, and use your own initiative
- The ability to work logically, being accurate and thorough, whilst paying attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task, particularly under pressure and deadlines
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
Your Essential Responsibilities:
- You will be the first point of contact for all customers for product/solution support, utilizing your skills to resolve queries, and escalate to other teams as required
- You will use a CRM tool to log cases and queries and will accurately update and maintain internal records and systems
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- You will continually support the business by ensuring excellent customer service internally and externally
- You will answer phone calls, chats or tickets, and check shared email to reply to queries accordingly and within SLA
- Ability to establish time requirements and set customer expectations accordingly
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on internal process and procedures to aid our business efficiency
- You may be requested to perform other duties and assist with other projects to address business need
Your Knowledge and Experience:
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, connectivity methods and other technology products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
- Knowledge of the card payment industry and service provision (Desirable)
- GCSE level qualification passes to include English and Mathematics or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team