Software Development Manager
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- You will run and lead software development team
- You will take part in Agile processes.
- You will build the organization to suit the delivery bandwidth requirements of the global organizational goals.
- You will develop and enforce the processes to ensure a cohesive delivery pattern
- You will work with the delivery project management and development scrum teams to ensure business goals are met.
- You will participate in meetings & reviews with customers and team members.
- You will work with Product Management to support the product backlog organization
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related fields, or relevant job experience
- Demonstrate deep understanding of Software Architect Design processes (UML, Use case modelling etc.)
- Prior Agile experience
- Prior Team Leadership and Management experience would be a great asset
- Very good exposure to XML, XSD, HTML, JSP, Java Script and Web Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a requirement
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Agile Certification (Scrum Product Owner or other certification)
- Familiarity with multi-tasking and state machines is a bonus
- Strong social and multitasking capabilities
- You have a deeply high level of energy, drive, and creativity to take on complex business problems; possess strong leadership capabilities
- Have a high tolerance for ambiguity and an ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, customer centric and sales focused ambitious environment
- Scripting languages such as python programming experience is a plus
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team