FA and GL accountant
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The General Accounting Specialist is responsible for providing business unit general accounting and support the completion of the close, and ensuring that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are accurate and reflect the proper amounts.
1. Provide support for general accounting
2. Assist in the month end, quarter end and the year end close process
3. Prepare, code and record journal entries in GL
4. Perform data balancing activities
5. Review trial balance and reconcile / analyze all general ledger accounts
6. Provide audit support specific to general accounting
7. Prepare government reports / census
1. Customer communication skills
2. Flexible to new ideas and ways of accomplishing tasks
3. Functional knowledge of the general accounting process
4. Data Entry skills
5. Analytical skills
6. Interpersonal skills
7. Highly organized
8. Ability to meet strict deadlines
9. Ability to work in a team environment
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
1. Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
2. Knowledge of Oracle General Ledger
3. Experience in accounting and financial systems
4. Experience in interfacing with business customers in defining general ledger, account and reporting requirements
5. Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
1. Customer service focused
2. Detail task oriented
3. Team player
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team