Hardware Project Integration Lead
For more than 30 years VeriFone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. VeriFone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
VeriFone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, VeriFone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at VeriFone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It’s this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
The person in this role will be leading the designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting and debugging systems, and doing research and development of new technologies as Lead of our Hardware team. This position requires a broad knowledge of engineering disciplines, methodologies and systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and able to coordinate and manage multi-disciplinary teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of products for our next generation of POS terminals.
- Drive the definition of system level requirements and refine them into engineering specifications.
- Drive decisions with EE, ME, ID and SW teams to meet product requirements within program constraints.
- Lead System Level Reviews of next generation POS terminals.
- Identify and track technical issues and drive them to closure.
- Work closely with Product Manager to ensure delivery of quality products on schedule and within budget.
- Oversee suppliers and manufacturing partners of subsystems and complete devices from concept to production
- Oversee release of BOMs and manufacturing documentation for high volume manufacturing.
- Drive the design for low cost, ease of manufacture, reliability, and testability
- Define and implement hardware test procedures
- Drive the schedule to meet program milestones
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience with consumer, enterprise, and/or handheld product design.
- Experience with electronic documentation management systems (PDM), such as Agile, is considered a plus.
- Experience supporting high-volume overseas manufacturing build.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (ME) or Electrical Engineering (EE) required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- Development of POS products a plus
- Experience working with in-house teams and Asian ODM/JDM teams
Skills & Ability:
- Strong technical leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Suite, Project, and Sharepoint.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Highly flexible with can-do attitude.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and uncertainty and drive team results in a changing environment.
- Ability to travel domestic/ internationally (up to 20%).
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team