Sr. Electrical Design Engineer
For more than 30 years VeriFone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. VeriFone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
VeriFone has a diverse, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with the best and brightest in our industry around the globe. Our competitive fierceness is fed by our passion for excellence in our products and services, and our obsession with customer satisfaction. Across the globe, VeriFone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an entrepreneurial spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at VeriFone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners, and investors. It's this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees to personal and professional success.
What you'll do
Seek a senior hardware engineer to perform board-level circuit design and development, including digital, analog, and power system management technologies. Determine design approaches and parameters. Conduct experimental tests and analyze operating data to contribute to the development schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform board-level circuit design and development, including digital, analog, and/or system power portions.
- Responsible for parts selection, schematic capture, and BOM maintenance.
- Responsible for the design and development of new products as well as the support and modification of existing products.
- Documentation of design files and theory of operation.
- Board level debug and field returned failure analysis.
- EMC debug to comply with CE/FCC standard.
- May lead development projects.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
Knowledge & Experience:
- Preferred master's degree in Electrical Engineering in a related field with 4 or more years of a hardware design engineer.
- Knowledge of embedded system design and hardware components such as Signal Integrity design and validation, ARM-based chipsets, Touch Screen display, System Power design, especially with analog circuit design ability.
- Understanding of various communication channels, including but not limited to RS232, USB, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, I2S, and SDIO.
- System design with ARM CPU and related interfacing.
- Experience designing cost-effective PCBA's for embedded systems products.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including failure analysis.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team