Senior Software Engineer
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
This position is located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
What you'll do
On the direction of the project managers implement design solutions for Verifone customers following scope documentation and architecture established by the Solution Architects.
- Develop, test, and document application software for Verifone projects and products, including preparing test plans, and performing unit and integration tests. Ensure that all deliverables leaving the department are tested and documented according to Verifone standards.
- Develop and enhance products using Verifone's coding processes and methodologies.
- Enhance existing components and applications. Document changes as they are made.
- Analyze and debug software prior to passing it on to the installation team including performing unit and functionality tests. Ensure the fix is tested, documented, and distributed according to Verifone standards.
- Work with petrol hardware devices under petrol IFSF protocol.
- Support the development team by doing product certification testing prior to its release.
- Work with the QA department to assist with testing and analysis of Verifone software.
- Work with the Technical Communications Department to ensure Verifone's documentation is of the highest quality.
- Support the sales process by providing answers to any technical questions potential customers may have about Verifone products and capabilities.
- Act as a technical liaison between the customer and Verifone sales team, implementation and product development to champion the customer’s case and ensure all specific details are addressed.
- Be a team player to Project Managers by completing tasks on time, providing task(s) progress, completing project documents and reporting time spent accurately.
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Employees who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a specified period of time as agreed upon, in writing, with the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years related work experience required, 5 years preferred.
- University degree in Computer Science, Community College certificate in a related field of study or equivalent training.
- Experience in Petrol industry, retail or banking industries preferred.
- Knowledge of communication protocols, LAN, WAN, and device drivers.
- Knowledge of data networks, operating systems, financial transactions, and POS functionality.
- Experience with EMV, POS devices and wireless data networks preferred.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated oral/written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good time-management, ability to multi-task and prioritize time to ensure that delivery requirements are met.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation and ability to maintain a sense of urgency with respect to customer/project issues.
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team