Cyber Security Consultant
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third-party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you’ll do
- Audit all current controls ensuring security and integrity of all VeriFone systems & services
- Monitor adopted security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations
- Review internal vulnerability scans and help with resolution of any issues found.
- Collect and review security logs and reports of all operational devices.
- Proactively support VeriFone’s efforts to improve information security and awareness within VeriFone
- Perform Risk Assessments and assist with auditing and security reviews, corrective action follow-up
- Maintain up to date detailed knowledge of the security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improving security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors
- Recommend additional security solutions or enhancements of existing security solutions to improve overall security
- Respond to incidents, establish appropriate compliance standards and controls internal and external, and direct the establishment and implementation of policies and procedures in line with the business direction to minimize risk and maximize return
- Lead and/or assist Verifone annual PCI DSS compliance on Verifone payment gateways Work with the IT management to ensure VeriFone has strong information security governance and information assurance to secure the confidentiality, availability and integrity of the business
- Work with IT management to help secure controls for all IT facilities and IT systems
- Work with legal teams to make sure VeriFone’s information privacy is kept up with government and industry standards
- Work with IT to deliver secure disaster recovery and business continuity management for the VeriFone Cloud Services
- Work with government agencies to ensure VeriFone’s Intellectual Property is protected from cyber theft
- Facilitate security audits and reviews for VeriFone on our third parties or facilitate audits requested by our customer’s information security officers
- Undertake enhancement and remediation activities across the network and gateway systems
- Monitor and support cyber security tools / systems. This includes FIM (Wazuh / Tripwire), SIEM (LogRhythm / Wazuh), Qualys Vulnerability Scanner, Firewalls and IPS, etc.
Work location: Sydney or Melbourne, Australia or Wellington, New Zealand
What qualifications will you need to be successful
- Minimum of a CISSP or other recognized Security certification
- Minimum 5 years of working within an enterprise network environment
- Strong technical background with ability to lead and direct activities of high-level security staff and consultants, across broad spectrum of security and compliance programs
- Proactive can-do approach
- Working knowledge of and experience implementing ISO 27001/27002 and/or PCI DSS
- Advanced knowledge of established internal and external IT industry standards, practices, and methodologies as well as analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills including coaching and motivating people, interacting with senior management and building strong working relationship with business managers and product development teams
- Strong project management skills. Problem solver who can lead team through crisis situations through rational approach, mature judgment and clear coordination of tasks.
- Experience in setting and achieving compliance for business units within a global company
- Strong knowledge of industry security models and best practices and applying the correct level for different global regions markets expectations.
- Good working knowledge of security tools and methodologies and process
- Ability to select and manage a security preferred supplier list to provide VeriFone approved secure 3rd party services
- Effective time management and ability to prioritize
- Excellent written and oral communication and influencing skills
- HSM / Key Management exposure a plus.
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team