Application Support Engineer with Linux
For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
What you'll do
- Application deployment and Support of Payment Gateway, E-commerce, Terminal management applications and environments
- Install, administration and troubleshooting the application environments to resolve critical issues
- Pro-actively suggest improvement of processes and automatize routines
- Work closely with other international Cloud teams and development teams and product owners/ project leaders to implement new solutions and maintain the existing environments
- Build highly available and resilient solutions that are following PCI
- Performance tuning and optimization
- Sharing knowledge and best practices to our colleagues
- Working on Incident- Problem and Change processes according to ITIL
- Looking into new technologies and tools
- On call rotation
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Relevant education or equal experience and at least 5 years of documented work with Linux Operating Systems (RHEL certifications are considered as advantage)
- Deep understanding of Linux Operating Systems, Virtualization platforms, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management tools, SQL databases, VMWare
- Strong scripting tech in some scripting language is highly desired
- Strong working knowledge of security best practices for implementing highly secure Linux solutions
- Understanding of certificates and crypto key management are considered as advantage
- Basic infrastructure and network skills
- Experience from complex troubleshooting
- Experience from working in Business critical 24/7 operations
- ITIL foundation knowledge from problem and change management (certifications are considered as advantage)
- Fluent in English
- Finnish citizenship
- You want to develop yourself and learn new things and passionate about sharing
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Join our worldwide team